What is Kaizen?
A Kaizen is a Japanese word. The meaning of the Kaizen is “Continuous Improvement”. If we break the word Kaizen, the meaning will be as Kai means “Change” and Zen means “Better”. Kaizen is a system that includes every employee – from Top management to operator. Everyone in the organization is encouraged to come up with small improvements. All systems improvement teachings emphasize ways of thinking – not just sets of practices. Every employee is hired to use their head & heart – not just their hands. So for using the creativity of all employees Kaizen is a very effective tool.
Our Kaizen Implementation Process ?
- Structure Formation-Steering Committee, Teams, and Roles & Responsibilities for effective implementation of Kaizen.
- Establish Promotional & Communication, Reward & Recognition, Monitoring & Review
- Various Training Workshops of Kaizen Awareness and Train the Trainers.
- Celebrating various Events/Competitions like Theme Base Kaizen, Kaizen Poster/Quiz/Slogan/Logo Competitions to engage and motivate the all level of employees.
- Practicing Gemba Walk for Kaizen Implementation.
- Planning and Deployment of various Kaizen Blitz/Events.
- Kaizen Mela Celebrations, Kaizen Sustenance Plan, Launching Kaizen Manual
Benefits of Kaizen ?
Brings a sense of value and purposefulness to employees, which helps boost morale.
- Creates a gentler approach to change.
- Scrutinizing processes helps to reduce mistakes and waste.
- Bolsters teamwork.
- Puts systems in place for improvements in the short and long term.
- Improvement in Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, EHS.
- Reducing 3M-Muda, Mura & Muri.