Mr. N.R. Sarkar
- More than 50 Years Professional Experience
- Undertaken more than 100 Projects on the practices of Quality Improvement methods, Six Sigma and Quality Improvement.
- More than 25 Successful DOE Projects.
Mr. N.R. Sarkar
- Statistician – Specialization in Quality Management
- Key Area of expertise - Statistical Techniques for Quality Control and Improvement.
- QMS Lead Auditor
- Advance Statistics, Design of Experiment, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, QC Tools, Reliability Engineering, DFSS etc.
- Application of Minitab (Statistical Software).
- Worked in Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) for more than 30 years. During this tenure for last 10 years he was Head of SQC and OR unit, Vadodara which served
- Served as Chief Executive in Patwa Kinariwala Electronics Ltd., Vadodara for 1 year.
- Also Working as Principal Consultant at Concept Business Excellence Pvt. Ltd. (From 2002 – Till Date).
- Conducted more than 300 training programs (trained more than 6000 people) on various topics of Six Sigma, DOE, Statistical Techniques, dfss, Reliability Engineering and Quality Management.
- Conducted more than 50 training programs exclusively on “Design of Experiments”
- Recipient of “Kirloskar Award” for a joint published paper on Design of Experiment.
- Provided guidance to many students for their dissertation work for M. Tech (Quality and Reliability) degree from Indian Statistical Institute.
- Delivered more than 50 invited talks in seminars/conferences organized by several recognized education institutions and professional bodies.
- Published a paper, jointly with Tirthanakar Dasgupta (of ISI), in the journal Total Quality Management, titled "Application of Taguchi methods to improve a control scheme by adjustment of changeable settings"
- Presented a paper in the poster session of the Indo-US-Japan conference on "Quality Through Engineering Design", hosted by Indian Statistical Institute during Jan 12-14, 1993 in Bangalore
- Presented a paper titled "Developing a Tin-Nickel alloy plating process for an electronic component" in a conference by the coauthor, Mr. H. M. Shah of ABB Ltd, Abstract published in Bulletin of Electrochemistry.
- Published a paper, jointly with N. Aga, S. D. Tamhane and B. D. Dasgupta (of Jyoti Ltd) titled "Use of Concurrent design technique to evaluate a product", IAQR Journal in Sept 1985.
- Written No. of technical papers on Quality Management.
- Delivered an invited talk on "Taguchi Methods in Quality Engineering" to the professors, lectures and students of Statistics Dept, M.S. University of Vadodara, under the "Extra Mural Series" of the University.
- Delivered an invited talk on "Taguchi Methods" at a Conference organized jointly by the Faculty of Technology, M S University of Vadodara and IIT (Bombay).
- Acted as a Rapporteur of a technical session in the Indo-US-Japan Conference on Quality through Engineering Design.
- Acted as Judge in various competitions of Six Sigma, Quality Tools organized by CBEPL, QCFI, CII.
- Proprietor of consulting firm “Quality Consulting and Training” 1997. So far served more than 80 organizations ( including IPCL , Guj. Refinery , Asian Paints , Apollo Tyres ,Novino Battery , Atul Ltd. , Sterlite Industries, G-tek Corporation ) with repeat assignments in several organizations such as IPCL , Guj. Refinery , Apollo Tyres , Atul Ltd. , Novino Battery , G-tek Corporation, etc.
- "GUNVATTA VISHARAD" award given by Cubic Computing Pvt. Ltd. (Minitab Partner in India) For unstinting contribution in spreading knowledge on application of statistical methods for improving Quality for the growth of the Indian Industries since more than 4 decades.