Lean Manufacturing Practice
- For any company, culture is very essential. If the culture is favorable, then company can do changes towards the improvement easily. Culture is a base for any improvement activity. It is like an Operating System in Computer. If your operating system is capable, you can use any of the software irrespective of its complexity.
- The company is a pioneer in the field of Electrical Wire Termination Technology in India. They are also in to development of new products.
- While deciding to begin the journey, it is very much essential to know where we are standing now. And then it’s also very important to know where we want to reach. Here in this company, the management has emphasis on the improving the Lead time of New Product Development to enhance the Customer satisfaction by providing them products as per their requirement within the specified time bound.
- Gap assessment has been carried out and find out the scopes for the improvement. New Product Development Lead Time is very high and that is the chronic problem of the Management.
- There is CNC Shop in the Unit; hence we have also identified the scope of JH Implementation for improving the efficiency of the machine.
- For any improvement employees are at the centre, hence the involvement of the Total Employee is required for improvement. And for that 5-S and Kaizen was implemented for the cultivation of the People.
- For the implementation of identified scopes, strategic planning has been done. For 5-S implementation all employees and entire premises of the company has been divided into different zones and training to all members has been given. And for other project like JH, Kaizen etc. the teams has been formed as per their functional area and project requirements. These teams also given the training with respect to the projects identified. Implementation assistance is provided by CBEPL consultants.
- To drive implementation journey, management steering committee was formed along with journey coordinator. This committee & coordinator act as a mediator & facilitator between improvement teams, consultant & management.
- Product Development Lead time reduced by 27%
- 3 % space recovered through 5-S
- Reduced movement by 30%
- 100 Kaizens implemented
- Built Culture of Improvement
Lean thinking defines value as providing benefit to the customer, anything else is waste