Laser Machine Manufacturing Company
- The company is pioneer in the field of lasers in India, caters to the need of various industries. The company offers high solutions with a wide range of laser system for diversified industrial applications such as: Cutting, Marking, Welding, Micro Machining, Solar Cell Scribing/ Cutting. They also offer specialized solutions for Diamond processing and scanning. etc. They are one of the few manufacturers in the world providing customized CNC laser solutions.
- They provide solutions to scientific research institutes both private and government organizations around the globe. Also this company exports its products to South East Asia, Middle Ease, Russia, China, Europe, USA, Canada etc.
- The company has a defined goal of reduction of manufacturing cost along with improvement of Quality, Delivery & Service. Prior to start any improvement activity in this company Concept Business Excellence Pvt. Ltd. (CBEPL) has done gap assessment of all the business processes. Based on the gap assessment business excellence road map for initial 2 years was prepared. This entire improvement initiative was given a unique identity as per the core values of the company. And it is decided that all the improvement initiatives shall be invoked under this identity.
- To drive the business excellence journey hierarchy wise structure is formed. Apex Body of top management is formed to provide timely and decisions, resources and help to overcome from the roadblocks of the journey. Steering Committee is formed of Senior Management members for mentoring the task force to achieve the organizational goals. Also they monitor the improvement status & give feedback to Apex Body for removal of hurdles. Different teams are formed of all the level of task force & assigned them different improvement projects of excellence journey.
- Improvement project wise specific trainings are provided to concern teams. Project targets are defined and the outcomes are monitored regularly during various levels review meetings.
Under this initiative following projects were executed;
- 5-S Goal: Improve Workplace & Employee Culture
- Kaizen Goal: Increase employee involvement in improvement activity
- Policy Deployment Goal: Alignment of organizational goals with action plan
- TPM Goal: Organizational Stability
- QMS Goal: Process Standardization
- Lean Goal: Process waste elimination
- Six Sigma Goal: Process variation reduction
- Training & Development Goal: Skill and competency development to achieve the organizational goals
Some of the key results of improvement initiative are as below;
- Workplace availability improved by 8%
- More than 15 lacs of rupees unwanted items are scrapped out.
- Non-moving items worth Rs. 69 lacs are identified for actions upon them.
- More than 250 kaizens are identified with cost benefit of 1.1 Cr.
- 97% Rework & Rejection reduction in CNC Shop
- Stationary consumption cost is reduced up to 31%
- XX product assembly productivity is improved by 50%
- YY product manufacturing productivity is increased by 35% and in the same Material & Employee movement is reduced by 44%