Mr. Arnab Sarkar
- Post Graduate in Economics
- International Qualified Master Black Belt in Six Sigma – Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore – 2006 (First Batch)
- Lean Management Champion – ASCB (E), UK – 2015
- Certificate Course in “Quality with Statistics” (ISI, Baroda) – 1998
Mr. Arnab Sarkar
- Mobile: +91–9099455500
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Specialist in a wide range of change disciplines including innovation, process re-engineering, business architecture, technology etc.
- Experienced in working end-to-end from strategy through to execution in complex and global operations
- Actively involved in institutionalizing and sustaining change, developing business excellence models, etc.
- Process Simplification and Improvement of complex processes by using Six Sigma, Lean & QC tools.
- Process Harmonization and Standardization.
- Development and implementation of multi-country process KPIs (Key Process Indicators) and SLAs (Service Level Agreement).
- Acclaimed trainer for Six Sigma, Lean, QC Tools, SPC / SQC, Acceptance Sampling, Cost of Quality etc.
- Rolled Throughput Yield and Resource Optimization based on Work Load.
- Implementation of Company-wide Quality Management System.
- Development of Business Score Card.
- An expert in quality management, business process improvement / engineering with more than 22 years‟ experience in manufacturing and services.
- Managed Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, QS 9000, ISO/TS 16949, VDA 6.1).
- Within 4 months of joining Nielsen, successfully extended the Scope of ISO 9001, in 49 Field Locations and 08 Branch Offices of Nielsen (earlier only the Production area was under the Scope of ISO 9001).
- Led more than 250 Six Sigma / Lean Projects across multiple locations.
- Conducted more than 80 kaizen events
- Managed a team of more than 30 part time Black Belts & Advanced Green Belts.
- Instrumental in delivering over 4500 hours (Training more than 800 Executives) of training on Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, Kaizen, & Quality Management Systems
- Led global and cross functional Strategic Business Projects. Have Extensive experience in handling multi-country projects involving multi-cultural teams.
- Attended more than 10 Seminars on Six Sigma, Lean, Continuous Improvements conducted by Indian Statistical Institutes and Quality Council of India.
- As Statistician and Dy. MR – QS 9000, at Antifriction Bearing Corporation Ltd. (1997 – 2002) Conducted more than 400 Hrs (more than 200 associates) In-House and Vendor Training on various topics like TQM, SPC, 7 – QC Tools, Kaizen, Acceptance Sampling, Cost Of Quality, MSA, Cost Effectiveness by Improving Quality etc.
- As Associate Director – Business Process Improvement (Master Black Belt) for Asia Pacific Africa at The Nielsen Company has conducted Regular Training for more than 500 Hrs (more than 500 Executives) across Region for Six Sigma, Lean, Six Sigma Light, Kaizen, Kaizen Event etc and led / more than 150 Projects, giving the Company saving of more than 2.2 million USD.
- As Principal Consultant have trained and certified more than 400 Green Belts and 150 Black Belts from different companies like L&T, ABB Ltd., Vodafone, Torrent Power, Gunnebo India, etc
- Conducted Regular Training & Consulting:
- 3 batches of Green Belt Sessions (45 Executives) at Collabera, One batch at Cogent Glass (22 Executives) and HNG Float Glass.
- Green Belt Training (75 Executives), Change Management Training (75 Executives) and Project consultancy (22 Six Sigma Projects) at Simpolo Vitrified Pvt Ltd.
- Green Belt Training and Project Consultancy at Grasim Industries (25 Executives) and Birla Financial Services Ltd. (25 Executives)
- Black Belt (25 Executives) & Green Belt (34 Executives) Training and Project Consultancy at Piramal Glass for both Kosamba and Jambusar Plant including Baroda Office.
- 06 Batches each on 7 QC Tools, Change Management and A3 Training at Apollo Tyres.
- Conducted Training TPM, TQM, 7 QC Tools, and SPC Sessions in Saint Gobain, L&T Hazira and Signode India
- “Business Excellence and Cost Leadership through Six Sigma” Programme at GSFC, Jamnagar and Vadodara
- Six Sigma Training at GNFC, Bharuch and Dahej.
- Invited to lead Two Day National Conference on “Quality Prediction” at Tata Steel, Jamshedpur.
- Helped Nielsen to save USD 1 mln across APAC region through 8 BPI (Six Sigma) projects.
- As a leader of India Retail Measurement System - Six Sigma, led completion of 100 Six Sigma Projects. 130 associates Certified with Advanced Green Belt and 6 with Black Belt. These projects helped the organization save USD 1.2 mln.
- One of the RMS Projects of India won 2nd Prize in a Six Sigma Case Presentation Contest (National Level) organized by "Quality Council of India" & "SQC & OR Unit of ISI, Bangalore" in 2007.
- Defined, built and implemented KPIs (Key Process Indicators) across 90 Countries at Nielsen. Rolled Throughput Yield has been implemented in more than 80 Countries.
- Identified the key parameters impacting workload, validated the resources based on these key parameters and created a Predictive Regression Model, for 70 Countries.
- Creating Process Harmonization Model / Grid for 5 platforms across the globe.
- Created the structure for global SOP Compliance model
- Implemented Cost of Quality at ABC Ltd.
- A regression model between two measurement systems saved the organization (ABC Ltd.) approx. INR 2.5 mln during the year 2000.
- Invited as a Jury member for “Confederation of Indian Industries "QC Circle Competition" – Gujarat State Level” during 2012.
- A research paper on "Quality Costing in a Bearing Industry" was published by SQC & OR Unit, ISI, Baroda – 1999.
- Invited as Judge for Annual Six Sigma and Lean CTR Project Competition for Esser Steel, Hazira – 2015
- Principal Consultant and Trainer – Process Excellence.
- Associate Director Operations – Global Input Validation – The Nielsen Company (May 2013 – July. 2014)
- Associate Director, Global Solutions – Global Nielsen Enablement Team – The Nielsen Company (Oct. 2010 – April. 2013)
- Black Belt – Business Process Improvement (Global Operations) Primarily Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa – The Nielsen Company (Oct. 2007 – Sep. 2010)
- Dy. Management Representative – QMS / Overall RMS Six Sigma Leader (India) – The Nielsen Company (Dec. 2002 – Sep. 2007)
- Deputy Management Representative (Assistant Manager) / Statistician – The ABC Bearings Ltd. (Sept. 1997 – Nov. 2002)
- More than 4500 Man Days
- 22+ years
- Date of Birth : 4thJanuary, 1970
- Address : 302, IVY, Spring Blossom, Nr. Saraswati Society, Bh. Taksh Complex, Vasna Road, Vadodara – 390 007, Gujarat
- Languages Known : English, Bengali and Hindi