What is A3?
- 11x17 piece of paper (Supposedly the largest size that could be faxed.)
- A problem solving approach – built around PDCA.
- A concise summary of the problem and solution.
- A communication tool for workers to report problems and improvement suggestions to management
- A way for management to structure and “discipline” the improvement process
- Used for any kind of problem in all parts of the business.
Steps are as follows
- Develop the goal statement – develop the target state
- Perform root cause analysis
- Brainstorm/determine countermeasures
- Create a countermeasures implementation plan
- Check results – confirm the effect
- Keep the plan in place!
How You Will Benefit:
- It is one of the important Problem solving tool
- Case Studies
- Audio – Video
- Desk Top Exercise
- Learning by Doing
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to solve the any problem methodically & systematically .
- PDCA & A3 Approach
- A3 Thinking – The 7 Elements of A3 Thinking
- A3 Problem Solving – Steps & Template
- Creating A3 – Step by Step
- Creating A3 – Examples
- A3 thinking and Problem Solving – Group Exercise
- A3 thinking – Final Thoughts
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion