The 5S Process, or simply "5S", is a structured program to systematically achieve total organization, cleanliness, and standardization in the workplace. A well-organized workplace results in a safer, more efficient, and more productive operation. It boosts the morale of the workers, promoting a sense of pride in their work and ownership of their responsibilities.
"5S" system was developed in Japan, and stands for five (5) Japanese words that start with the letter 'S': Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, and Shitsuke. An equivalent set of five 'S' words in English have likewise been adopted by many, to preserve the "5S" acronym in English usage. These are: Sort, Set (in place), Shine, Standardize, and Sustain.
How You Will Benefit:
- Reduce Down Time of machines.
- Produce Better Quality goods.
- Achieve Higher Productivity.
- Create Safe environment.
- Reduce unnecessary items & Surplus Inventory.
- Have more space utilization
- Case Studies
- Audio – Video
- Desk Top Exercise
- Learning by Doing
Who Should Attend?
Production Staff, Quality Staff, Supervisors, Engineers, Managers, Shop floor Workmen
- History of Lean
- Why 5 S?
- How 5 S helps to reduce Waste?
- How 5 S helps to build culture?
- Implementation step of Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Siketsu
- Visual Management Concept
- Why 5 S Fails?
- How to audit 5 S?
- Practical Exercise on 5 S
- Case studies on 5 S
- Role of Leader in 5 S
- Q & A
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion