Visual management tools set a foundation for a sustainable, self-correcting, continuous-improvement environment that is characteristic of lean. In a traditional environment, at the end of each month or quarter, there is a great deal of data gathering, analysis, synthesis, and deliberation over what just happened and what will be done during the coming period.
In a lean organization, managing the business is critically focused on managing processes in real time at the place of work gemba The effect of this is that the end of the month is old news and essentially a non-event. Thus the principle of conventional management–what gets measured gets managed–gets transformed in a lean environment into "what gets measured visually gets managed in real time".
This course deals with designing and executing an implementation plan to migrate your company from one of gather data, synthesize, meet, and react to one of seeing waste, manage exceptions, and improve processes. The emphasis of the course will be on the development of visual management tools. It will be based on a case study of a company that has developed strategy, gone through policy deployment, and value-stream mapping, and now wants to develop a visual management plan and management standard work to more effectively lead the enterprise.
How You Will Benefit:
- Improve business performance by reacting to abnormalities in real time at the local level.
- Improve productivity by eliminating waste from critical processes.
- Get everyone in your organization aligned and involved with what is important to your customers and your business.
- Improve frontline leadership skills through better awareness.
- Hire, promote, and train people on standard processes that are actually used.
- Improve morale through transparency and involvement.
Practical Learner Friendly Trainings
- Case Studies
- Audio – Video
- Desk Top Exercise
- Learning by Doing
Who Should Attend?
Production Staff, Quality Staff, Supervisors, Engineers, Managers, Shop floor Workmen, Operators.
- What is visual management and why change?
- The parts of a visual management system
- The attributes of successful visual management tools
- What are the benefits of visual management?
- Visual management and traditional management methods
- Basic operating performance reports and methods of tracking performance visually
- How successful visual management systems replace traditional methods rather than just add to the overall workload.
- Integration of visual process control, visual process performance monitoring, and standard work
- The tools of visual process control
- Basic tools of process control
- The tools of visual process performance measurement
- Methods of replacing business performance reports with tiered visual process performance boards.
Concept Business Excellence Pvt. Ltd.
Vadodara – 390006, India