Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) is a separate and emerging business-process management methodology related to traditional SIx SIgma. Unlike Six Sigma, which is commonly driven via DMAIC (Define - Machine - Analysis - Improve - Control) projects, DFSS has DMADV, define - measure - analysis - design - verify, is sometimes synonymously referred to as DFSS. Six Sigma DFSS training using the D-M-A-D-V roadmap. The body of knowledge covered by this course is focused on DFSS for Process Design and / or Product Design. Participants in this course should have previously mastered the Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge.
How You Will Benefit:
- Communicate using Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- Identify areas within your existing development process where DFSS is needed.
- Integrate DFSS into your existing development process.
- Select optimal process design concepts.
- Use analytical and experimental methods to develop robust and reliable designs.
- Modify designs for optimal performance based on variability of the inputs and desired outputs.
- Verify that the designs meet the requirements at the desired level of performance.
- Case Studies
- Audio – Video
- Desk Top Exercise
- Learning by Doing
Who Should Attend?
Existing Six Sigma Green Belts/ Black Belts, Process Improvement Champions, QA/QMS professionals, Sr. Managers
- Introduction to DFSS
- Design for Six Sigma Introduction
- Improving Lifecycle Cost
- DFSS and DMAIC
- What is Design for Six Sigma?
- Obtaining the Voice of The Customer
- Understanding Customer Requirements
- CTQC Tree Diagram Toolset
- Voice Of The Customer As Specifications
- QFD Toolset
- FMEA Toolset
- QFD: Building The Fourth House
- Testing a Design
- Piloting a Design
- DOE Exercise
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Personalized certificate of completion