Raise Profit by Improving Efficiency
Need of the time
- The steel industry has been confronted with unparalleled increases in prices of raw materials, freight and energy in recent years. As a result, the costs of steelmaking have risen around the world. Hence It is very essential to improve efficiency in manufacturing operations.
- 20% Breakdown Reduction
- 50% Stoppages Reduction
- 28% Efficiency Improvement
- One of the leading steelmaking company has decided to improve their Operation Efficiency, and for the same, they had appointed us. We did gap assessment to identify the opportunities for the efficiency improvement. As they had a critical problem of machine breakdown, there is a huge scope for TPM (Total Productive Maintenance).
- Improvement in Culture
- Recovered 2% of the Turnover in 5-S activity
- Minor stoppages reduced by 50%, Breakdown reduced by 20%
- Efficiency improved by 28%
For any organization, ultimate result is important. Here in this organization, following benefits are obtained,
- For implementation, different teams comprising all level of task force were formed for focused improvement in entire organization. All task force was provided trainings based on the improvement project need. Implementation facilitation is provided by CBEPL consultants. To drive implementation journey, management steering committee was formed along with journey coordinator. This committee & coordinator act as a mediator & facilitator between improvement teams, consultant & management.
- Senior member committee was formed by management to seek direction, reinforcement and remove barriers in the improvement journey. This committee act as a mentor and monitor the improvement drive. Gemba Round and Monthly Review Meeting were conducted by Jointly Top Management, Steering Committee, Project Coordinator and Consultant to review the Project Progress and to plan next month Strategy.
- As a part of culture building, 5-S activity initiated in all the area including production facilities, offices, washrooms, surrounding area etc. We provided training to all the members. Team shown enthusiastic spirit in improvement activities.
- Once the culture of improvement is established, we moved for the implementation of TPM. To have quick benefit and as a part of demonstration, critical equipments were identified for implementation of TPM. One day was decided to implement JH (Jishu Hozen) pillar. Team had identified more than 100 abnormalities in the equipment and then plan for removal of abnormality was made and followed.
Concept Business Excellence Pvt. Ltd.
E-140, Vrundavan Township,
Vadodara, India – 390006