This introduction course provides delegates with an overview of the principles behind the management of health and safety in the workplace and the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007. The course introduces the requirements and benefits of health and safety management systems using the risk management assessment framework of BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
OHSAS 18001:2007 represents such an improvement that it has been adopted with no modification as a British Standard. While the clauses of the standards are identical, there is a national foreword in BS OHSAS 8001:2007.
How You Will Benefit:
- A structured approach to health and safety management drives continual improvement through a formalized approach to the identification of legislation and hazards, the assessment of risks, the implementation of controls and the measurement of business processes.
- Through this Introduction to BS OHSAS 18001:2007 training course, delegates will be able to identify the key benefits of a structured health and safety management system. They will also be able to identify the benefits and requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and begin to understand the implementation and certification process.
- Presentation through Audio- Video
- Case Studies
- Desk Top Exercises
- Group Exercise
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for any personnel requiring an introduction to OHSAS 18001:2007, including health and safety managers/advisors, quality managers, environmental managers/advisors, integrated risk managers
- Management systems
- An overview of the BS OHSAS 18001:2007 framework
- Benefits of the effective management of OH&S
- Requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- Introduction to documentation requirements
- Overview of the next steps to certification
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes