Planned and systematicChange management plays a very important role in any organization since the task of managing change is not easy. Research has shown that projects and initiatives with effective Change Management are more than 5 times likely to meet or exceed project objectives. Change management increases the success by applying a structured framework of methods, tools and processes managing the change from a current state to a future state.
Regardless of the scale or the scope of change, applying Proper Change Management framework ensures staying on schedule and budget, resulting in higher benefit realization and ROI. Once a change initiative has been identified, the Executive must be clear on the key role he/she will take on as the Sponsor. The Sponsor must understand the impact he/she will have on the success of the change and that these important responsibilities cannot be delegated.
Research also shows that, “100% of all changes evaluated as Successful had a good solution or approach” and “Over 98% of all changes evaluated as unsuccessful had a good solution or approach”. So what is the difference between success and failure? The answer is “Acceptance”.
Resistance from employees is one of the major reasons that change initiatives in most businesses fail. Reasons behind this resistance include fears of job lay-offs, increased workload, contentment with the status quo and poor understanding of the need for change and most importantly the uncertainty the future holds. Business owners should effectively manage the change process to counter this resistance.
How You Will Benefit:
This workshop is aimed at achieving the following:
- To introduce and build an understanding of the Change Management Model, Concepts and Tools
- To practice the role of a Change Agent and further develop Facilitation Skills
- To gain confidence through feedback on the application of the Change Management tools
- Presentation through Audio- Video
- Case Studies
- Desk Top Exercises
- Role Modeling
Who Should Attend?
Production Staff / Quality Staff / Design Staff / Supervisors /Engineers / Managers / Operational Excellence Personnel
Day : 1 : Managing Change
- An Introduction to Change
- Why is Change Important?
- Effective Change Equation
- Change Acceptance Exercise
- Three States of Change Management
- Key Roles in Change Management
- Stepping Up to Leadership Challenge Exercise
- Create a Compelling Vision
- Vision Exercise
- Change Matrix
- Build Commitment to Change : Stakeholder Map, Engagement Plan, Communication Method
- Commitment Exercise
- Execute the Change : Organization as a System
- Execute the Change Exercise
- Sustain the Change
- Profile on Change Exercise
- Wrap Up
Day : 2 : Facilitating Effective Meeting during Change
Meeting Facilitation Model
- Getting Started
- Generating Ideas
- Sharpening the Focus
- Making Decisions
- Summing Up
- RACI Matrix
- Following Up
- Understanding Team Growth
- Handling the Human Dynamics
- Virtual Meetings
- Evaluating Meeting Effectiveness
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes