5S & TPM implementation at leading manufacturer of Plastics Injection Moulding Machines & Blow Moulding Machines in India
- Project catalyst was nominated by Top Management. Entire Organizations was divided in various Zone s and Sub Zones. E.g. Assembly Bay 1, Bay.2, Machine Shop, Paint Shop, Garden, Office. Zone Leaders were nominated for each zones. 5S Trainings were imparted to all Employees including Contractors. Unique Zone name was given by zone leaders. E.g Angel, Worriers. “1S” Activity was performed.
- Before 2S implementation, existing central store. 2S implementation was done as per 2s Plan. Parallel Gemba Board Concept was introduced. Gemba Board Parameters were assessed zone wise. E.g. Productivity, Quality, Safety, Material, Break Down, Delays. Gemba Board Meeting conducted daily in the morning. Daily Issues related parameter is discussed and related counter measures are taken. Place of every thing were decided according to frequency of use, weight and size of the object. Regular Progress Monitoring was done through regular Audits, Gemba Round with Top Management and Meetings.
- Planning of Type & Qty of Cleaning Equipments, Responsibility Planning, Safety Precaution Planning was carried out to celebrate Mega Cleaning Day Event. Mega Cleaning Day was celebrated and participated by all employees at all levels. Abnormalities were detected during Cleaning and same are rectified. Base on that Cleaning schedule was prepared and practiced in routine. 5S & Visual Management Standard was prepared and Audit was conducted base on standard. 5S Auditor training was imparted to selected Zone Leaders and Regular 5S Audit are conducted by Auditor Teams.
- The correlations between various TPM implementation dimensions and manufacturing performance improvements have been evaluated and validated by employing overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- A major contributor of TPM, has defined TPM as an innovative approach to maintenance that optimizes equipment effectiveness, eliminates breakdowns, and promotes autonomous maintenance by operators through day-to-day activities involving the total workforce.
- In the first phase of implementation Model machines were selected through criticality evaluation basis. Five machines were selected as Model machines. Model Machine Members were selected from different functions / departments to form four groups for the model machines. For the first phase, JH and KK pillar Implementation were taken. Training were given for JH, KK pillar requirements and TPM Methodology. PQDCSM targets were freeze based on previous three months data.
- Regarding JH pillar activities initial cleaning activities completed for the model machines, abnormalities identified and JH daily cleaning time fixed for model machines. White tag ,Red tags were and are being removed in target time .Tag trends & tag matrix are made for monitoring the abnormality trend in each of the model machines. SOC-Source of Contamination & HTA-Hard to Access Area are identified during JH activities and necessary SOC mappings done for finding the source .Through necessary kaizens & OPL all HTA & SOC s are eliminated. Necessary CLITAO standards made and JH teams have taken over the activities of their respective circles.
- Each circle breakdown phenomenas were analysed using with Why Why method. Regarding KK pillar activities, PQCDSM targets were set for each circle. Necessary Video studies were conducted for the set up changeovers and necessary kaizens &OPLs implemented for achieving the targets.
- OEE Improved by 15%
- Rate of Availability ROA % Improved by 10%
- Rate of Performance ROP % Improved by 10%
- Reduction of Tool consumption by 50%
- Productivity Improved by 50%%
- Reduction of Oil Consumption by 20%
- No of Fugais detected and rectified-136
- Total No of Kaizens Implemented > 100
- Space Recovery by 15%
- Achieving 100 % Employee Involvement